You have finally discovered the woman that fills your heart’s desires and you are planning your romantic proposal. A man often has various questions, concerns and insecurities when it comes to presenting his girlfriend with her engagement ring.
Let’s first offer you some basic education about shopping for engagement rings. Consider the following decisions:
1) Select the metal of the ring:
- platinum – strongest, most pure metal – more expensive
- white/yellow gold – most common for engagement rings – less expensive
2) Decide on the setting style:
- Solitaire Settings – most popular for engagement rings
- Settings with Side Stones – diamonds or gems along the sides of the ring to add more sparkle and color
- Three Stone Settings – ring carries diamond to represent the past, diamond to represent the present and diamond to represent the future
3) Select the diamond shape:
4) Decide on your diamond size. Remember, quality matters more than quantity!
- 0.25 carat
- 0.5 carat
- 0.75 carat
- 1.0 carat
- 1.5 carat
5) Remember the Four C’s.
- CARAT WEIGHT
Tips for selecting the special ring that girlfriend will love and making it a surprise:
1) Consider her lifestyle and her personal tastes.
2) Carefully examine the colors of the jewelry your lady wears. Does she wear platinum or white gold or yellow gold?
3) Ask your girlfriend’s mother or friends if she talked about liking a specific type or style of ring.
4) The other option is shopping for an engagement ring together with your girlfriend. Then she can show you the exact rings that she likes and you can find the style that flatters her the most.
Remember to focus on making your relationship with your girlfriend as loving, strong and mutually-fulfilling as possible so that she will be so happy to accept your wedding proposal and she will not be envious of other women’s engagement rings because she is marrying you, the man of her dreams.